Premier cru mention for Pouilly-Fuissé
Catégorie : Témoignages
About 2 months ago, we informed you through our Newsletter, of the imminent recognition of the Pouilly-Fuissé appellation as a Premier Cru.
On Saturday 21 November 2020, the official journal of the French Republic published the decree approving the new specifications for the 1ers Crus.
We are very happy to be able to claim for the first time our Pouilly-Fuissé 1ers Crus on this 2020 vintage of exceptional quality.
This historic date marks the culmination of more than 12 years of work and we would like to thank our Defence and Management Organization and its president, Frédéric Marc Burrier.
Among the conditions of production redefined in the requirement specifications of Pouilly-Fuissé 1ers crus:
• Compulsory soil rest for 3 years between grubbing up and replanting of a vineyard.
• Prohibition of chemical weeding (First Appellation of France to have this obligation).
• Maximum yield of 56 hectoliters per hectare.
• Raising at least until the first of July of the year following the harvest.
The selected plots are also subject to topographical and pedological criteria like orientation, altitude, slope, soil type.
At Domaine Merlin, our 2020 Premiers Crus are being matured in the cellar and by spring 2022 we will be able to offer you:
• Pouilly-Fuissé Premier Cru SUR LA ROCHE (Vergisson)
• Pouilly-Fuissé Premier Cru EN France Clos de France (Vergisson)
• Pouilly-Fuissé Premier Cru AUX VIGNERAIS (Solutré)
• Pouilly-Fuissé Premier Cru LES CHEVRIERES (Chaintré)
We are delighted to share this good news with you, and we would love to present these climates to you soon.
This is a recognition for Pouilly-Fuissé but also for Southern Burgundy and all the wines of the Mâconnais!
Of course, we treat your information confidentially and do not pass it on to third parties.
Unsubscribe at: email@example.com