Olivier and Corinne Merlin are skilled wine-makers who have always believed in the potential of their Mâconnais terroirs.
Olivier Merlin had his first experience of the world of wine in 1977 when he took part in the grape harvest on a Mâconnais domaine. The ambiance and the family spirit he found there were the impulse which turned him towards a career in wine-growing.
After qualifying at the Lycée Viticole in Beaune, capital of Burgundy's wine-trade, Olivier Merlin spent two years as a cellar-worker in a Jura co-operative. There he met Corinne, his future wife.
In June 1985 Olivier headed for California where he vinified two vintages at Napa before returning to take over the Vieux Saint-Sorlin domaine on January 1st, 1987. It comprised four and a half hectares which had been in the same family since 1750 and was in need of a make-over.
Over time, he and his wife got to know each terroir and replanted various plots, inspired by the work of his predecessors, while taking in young workers for training.
- 19 July, 2006 purchase of 1.5 ha of Moulin à Vent.
- 25 March, 2005 purchase of 3 ha at La Roche-Vineuse.
- 1999 vintage first vinification at the Touziers winery.
- 6 November, 1997 purchase of the Touziers winery.
- 5 September, 1997 formation of a limited company, SARL Merlin.
- 11 August, 1996 birth Paul, second son of Olivier and Corinne.
- 1995 purchase of 0.8 ha of Saint-Véran le Grand Bussière.
- 6 January, 1993 birth of Theo, first son of Olivier and Corinne
- 1 January, 1987 take-over of the Vieux Saint-Sorlin domaine, 4.5 ha.
Téléphone: 03 85 36 62 09 - Fax: 03 85 36 66 45 - E-mail: email@example.com - Internet: http://www.merlin-vins.com